(please contact Race Office to claim your prize – email@example.com)
Important dates for 2018
Loyalty Entries: 15 February 2018
General Entries: 4 March 2018
Registration day: 6 July 2018 10:00 – 22:00 ( compulsory)
Race Day: 7 July 2018
Race number confirmation:
Race number email have been sent. If you did not get yours, please check your spam folder.
The Entry List have been finalized. Do not buy an entry or sell your entry. We provide you with a personalized race number and timing chip containing personal and medical detail made out in the runners detail. This seemingly Innocent habit of swapping entries between runners can have serious Medical and organisational hazards. It is for this reason that we clamped down on collection of race numbers and will only hand it to the correct runner with proof of Identity between 10:00 and 22:00 on 14 July 2017 at our Registration at the PnP Knysna Oyster Festival Grounds in the center of town.
Final Event Info:
Registration Takes place on Friday 14 July from 10:00 till 22:00 at the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival Grounds. Venue entrance is on the corner of Hedge and Trotter Streets off Trotter Street.
You will need to Register in Person with proof of ID. No late or Third party pickups allowed due to the persistence of runners swapping entries. This have serious medical and race result consequences as you entered a formal road race competition. Runners that make their entries available to non-entrants are committing race fraud and can have bigger fallout. These requirements were highlighted at the point of entry and are not open to discussion. The Race Database is finalized and no name Changes or Substitutions can be done. No calls or emails in this regard will responded to.
5 Km Fun Run 15 July 7:30 start – Caltex Garage, Waterfront Drive.
Tickets for the 5 km Fun Run will be on Sale during the main Events Registration area ( R50/p)
Race Day – Saturday Morning Taxi Pickup:
- You can only get to the start in the Forest with the Event organized Taxi Transport.
- No private Vehicles will be allowed near the start area and will be turned away at the roadblock.
- Taxi’s to the Start leave from Vigilance Drive near Loeri Park
- There is no transport early Morning from the Finish venue to the Taxi Loading area at Loeri Park
- No Spectators or runners that have not registered on Friday will be transported.
- Your Race number contains a tear-off Taxi ticket. This cannot be replaced and you will not be transported to the start without this numbered ticket. The scrutinizing staff at the Taxi loading cannot replace missing tickets so regard this as more important than your shoes. ( you can run without shoes …)
- Parking Marshals will b on hand to assist with Parking at Loeri Park.
- Taxi transport load from 4:30. Near Loeri Park.
- 42km runners need to be on a taxi by 6:00 or they will miss the start.
- The start will not be delayed due to late arrivals and Taxi transport will stop at 7:00 even if you are in a loading queue.
- Do not delay loading by trying to ride with friends in the same taxi. If your group gets split, you can catch up with them at the Taxi Drop-off point. There is still a 1.5km Forest walk from the Taxi drop off to the start area.
The Start Area:
Momentum will reward early arrivals at the start area with a warm blanket to cozy up for the start. This will be collected and donated to the surrounding community after the run.
Pick n Pay will provide warm coffee and rusks at the start from the kitchen tent at the start.
We have placed as many toilets at the start as we can fit in. Plan your morning well as race jitters can play havoc with your bathroom schedule. Do not leave the secure area as there are many steep cliffs and other dangers outside of the controlled area.
Biddulphs will provide trucks to bring your Tag-bag from the Forest back to the Finish in town.
Your race number contain a tear-off section to be attached to your tog-bag. There is a cable tie in your goody bag for this purpose. No Momentum blankets will be allowed in the tog-bags.
Tog-bags will be available from 10:00 in the registration tent.
We do not assume any responsibility for valuables placed in your tog-bag.
Donation Clothing and Blankets must be handed to the collection Marshals at the clothing trucks. Do not place blankets or clothing into an outstretched hand as this leads to excessive growth in numbers of Private people making their way to the start.
BOTH the supplied Race numbers must be visible at all times. If you entered as an ASA running Club member, you ASA license number must be worn underneath the event number with the top section
- Your personalized electronic timing chip must be correctly folded and attached to your shoe for a finishing time.
- Timing is gun to gun and not from Start line to Finish line.
- Due to lack of space there is now seeding and an early arrival is your best bet to get a good start.
- The course is mostly gravel road and the last 6 km is run on tar. Trail running shoes is not required.
- Drinks stations will have soft drinks and water and is spaced roughly 3km apart. Do your best to deposit cups and Sachets in the collection bins to ease our load with route cleaning. Do not through anything in the Forest as we will then not be able to recover it.
- Run on the right had side of the course at all times to leave space for residents and emergency vehicles.. 42km runners will be overtaking slower 21km runners on the last 7 km. Remember that they will still be racing at this point and do not want to fight their way through slower runners having a gingerly stroll – 5 wide.
21km Cutoff time is 3 ½ hours
42km Cutoff time is 5 ½ hours.
The provided race number include the telephone number for the Event Operation Centre and not your own emergency number. This number is to be called in case of extreme emergency only. If you get into difficulty and cannot finish the event you must make your way to the next water point and await the arrival of a sweep vehicle. Ambulances are reserved for severe emergency only and will not provide rubbing services.
Earphones will not be tolerated on the course as you will not hear vehicles approaching from behind and you could delay emergency vehicle response time. Point this out to those inconsiderate runners that persist with Earphones.
21km runners will finish to the left of the Finish shute and 42km runners to the right of the Finnish chute. Once you cleared the Finish arch, keep moving to Medals and Final drink and vacate the finish area.
The medical tent will be located next to the Final drinks area on the right of the chute. This is for emergency medical assistance only.
Pre arrange a meeting place on the Field with your Family.
Left-over T-shirts will be on sale in the Expo Area. Cost is R175.
Prize giving is from 12:30 under the Bedouin Tent next to the Expo/Registration area.
Prize money will be paid via EFT.
Prize giving will be according to ASA rules
To be in contention for the R10 000 spot Prize, you have to be present in the prize giving area. The MC decision is binding in this regard.
The Head Referee will be available till 30 min after Prize giving to receive Podium Disputes. No disputes will be entertained after this time.
The venue security will be able to direct you to the Lost & Found area.
Shuttles Service back to Loeri Park after your run
- The Shuttle service will operate from 9:30
- The Shuttle service is reserved for runners only
- The Shuttle service operate from Hedge Street ( Eastern side of the venue)
No shower Facilities are available at the Finish. The Knysna Marathon Club House is located at Loeri Park and will be open for Post event Showers.
We are now spending more time at the venue on Final setup with the result that Email and telephone response might be delayed.
Full Marathon and Half Marathon have sold out.
Substitutions have closed
Last minute Accommodation needs? Madison Manor will look after our runners! They currently have space available. Click the photo to be transported to their website.
2017 Event T-shirt
The Event shirt is available at R175 along with your entry. If you have not ordered a shirt with your entry, you might still be able to get one as we will sell T-shirts that have not been collected for Charity after the run in the Tog-bag tent.
This includes all the major sporting events at the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival. Entries for the Big5 are currently open. Normal entries can not be upgraded to Big Five Entries as Big Five entrants are handled as a special group. If you want to take part in the Big5 please follow the link down below.
Compulsory Registration Friday 14 July 2017- 10:00 am till 10:00 pm
First time entrants will need to create a login profile on our portal page. To do this click ” Join” in the top right corner on the Entry portal.
Should you experience any difficulty with your entry, please contact the Forest Secretary by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
15 July – 5 km Fun Run:
No pre-entries are available for the 5 km Fun Run. You can enter on the morning or at Friday Registration.
Start Time: 7:30 from the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival Grounds in the center of town
Scroll down for more info
Forest Secretary: email@example.com
Blanket and Clothing Collection
Well, we stopped measuring the yearly collection of clothing and blankets for the needy in terms of bakkie loads and now need to refer to the amount of Truck loads. We as the race team are humbled by the way you open your hearts to the Knysna Community. We wish we could share every thankful smile with all of you as the clothing and blankets are being handed out. It always leaves us with a lump in the throat.
The donation of 2000 blankets by Momentum was wonderful but big was the joy when we collected a total of over 3000 blankets for distribution. Most of these have already found a home and is warming more than a heart at the moment. How do you measure a gift of warmth?
For luxury Runner friendly Accommodation
A variety of accommodation is available in Knysna to suit all tastes and pockets from ultra luxury to camping for the more adventurous.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 044 382 6960 for more options.
Charities for 2017
By entering this event you are supporting a large number of Charity Organisations in Knysna and a large portion of the event Budget are channeled to support a large number of local Non Profit organisations. The Cash donations that you ad to your entry fee as well as the proceeds from the Charity sale however go to selected local Charities. This year the proceeds from this will be split between these local Organisations:
Knysna Basin Project
Knysna Animal Welfare
Options Pregnancy Center
Knysna Education Trust
Dorothy Broster Children’s home
Well, you did it! 2016 saw a new record of over R 1 Million payout to our deserving Non Profit organisations as well as the yearly selected Charities. Only with your help can this figure be achieved again. Dare we hope to do even better? With your help we can!
Breaking News: With your race number you will be issued with a timing chip linked to your profile. You will receive your Knysna Forest Marathon Timing chip free of charge!!
Important Facts regarding 2017
- Full Marathon will get the needed attention and focus.
- Timber shields for the first 300 Full Marathon Finishers
- Due to popular demand we will remain at the central town Festival venue – (See the google map down below)
- Only online entries available
- 7:00 start for the Full Marathon
- 7.30 Start for the Fun Run ( Central Town Festival grounds)
- 8:00 start for the Half Marathon
- With the kind permission of PG Bison who owns the land at the start of the event we will have the heating fires to warm body and hart. (Conditions permitting)
Race Finish and Registration Venue
Registration open Friday 14 July from 10:00 till 22:00.
Red Marker indicates the Registration Area: ( Zoom in or out for clarity)
Taxi Pick 4:30 on Race morning 15 July
Marker indicates the start of the Taxi Queue: ( Zoom in or out for clarity)
All time records
HALF MARATHON – All Time
FULL MARATHON – All Time
|1. Lloyd Bosman 2013 1:03:11||1. Errol Green 02:20:04|
|2. Luketz Swartbooi 01:04:07|
|1. Elana Meyer 01:14:19||1. Frith Van Der Merwe 02:39:10|
See you 14 /07/2017
Race inquiries: ( Best to contact us via Email )
Marianne Brown 076 195 4832 ( During office hours )
Email : email@example.com
Knysna Marathon Club
P O BOX 1306