STOP PRESS – STOP PRESS!!
This event is shelved till further notice.
The area was affected by the recent fires with many of the steps and timber bridges destroyed.
Part of the ASWD Trail Runner ranking
Permanent numbers for the 24 km after 5 Runs !
2016 Optional T -Shirt: 2017 T-shirt will be unveiled soon
If you have Photos of the 2016 event to share, forward them to me on email@example.com
Route to the start:
Please read all info:
The video will give you some idea of what to expect. Includes some 16km forest sections as well
The two routes have been carefully chosen to challenge intermediate and experienced trail runners over a variety of terrain as well as offer an easy route for the first timers and not so fit or technical runners to enjoy the best Knysna has to offer. The area is closed to day visitors and offers the participants a chance to enter areas that would not be otherwise possible.
Race date – 02 January 2017
Compulsory Race and Safety Briefing 6 :45
Race start 7:00
ASA runner insurance will apply.
Race fees: 16 km – R175 and if a ASA Affiliated Club member R140.00
24 km – R345 and if a ASA Affiliated Club Member R310.00
We rely heavily on NSRI Station 12 for our safety plan. Please show your appreciation by being generous with you donation on the entry-form.
16 km Trail Run
This route is suitable for the average road runner or Walker wishing to gain trail experience. It contains one optional technical section that can be skipped if the runner so wishes. The easy detour will take some four minutes longer to complete than the technical section. Water points are well placed and not more than 6 km apart.
The routes will be clearly marked and main junctions will be marshaled. Most of the route is run under full tree canopy.
24 km Hardcore trail run
This trail is for confident trail runners. Extreme caution need to be exercised on the technical sections of this trail. Mistakes will at a minimum be painful and can also be fatal. Rescue operations on the coastal section will be risky for the injured and for the rescuers. Move at a speed that falls within your capabilities and we will all have a great day in Mother nature.
The compulsory safety kit that you wil receive in your race pack need to be carried at all times. The water provided on the coastal section will be from the local fresh water springs.
This trail is a celebration of all that Knysna have to offer. Unspoiled beauty in unspoiled surroundings. The most dramatic coastal vistas and unrivaled forest fauna and flora. Words can not completly describe this trail. You can try to put this trail into words once you have earned your medal. I would like to hear your description…
Welcome in my back yard!
Race Rules and info:
- No need to wear Club Clothing
- Only the event race number will be worn on the front of the vest that contain tear off strips
- Immediate disqualification if a runner tampers with route markings
- Immediate disqualification if a runner is caught littering
- Immediate disqualification if a runner damages the trail or any vegetation
- Earphones can be worn but would you really want to?
- Minimum age for entering is 16 for the 16 km and 18 for the 24 km
- Parking at the venue is limited so try to carpool to the venue
- Medical, Rescue, Marshall’s, and organizers decisions is final.
- No substitutions will be allowed.
- Closing date for entries is soon as entry cap have been reached for each race.
- A photostat copy of your Id must be handed in when you collect your race pack. (Sport Center can not do the copy for you)
- Start chutes close at 6:45 sharp on Race day for compulsory race briefing. Arrivals after this time will not be allowed to start.
- Along the coastal section on the 24 km, emergency evacuation will be by way of a floating raft to the NSRI rescue craft. If you have undue fear of water or boats, rather enter the 16 km event.
- The runner arriving before you at a technical section determines the pace. Do not hassle or crowd a runner while an obstacle is being negotiated.
- The trail is designed with ample overtaking opportunities before and after obstacles. Do not “race” the technical sections.
- Remain in the order of arriving at obstacles as some queuing will be needed at certain obstacles.
- Water points will have water and Juice . All refreshments must be enjoyed at the table and no cups must be removed from the points or be carried onto the route. Water will be available to fill backpacks.
- No on the day entries.
- No Smoking or carrying of lighters anywhere from the time you turn off the N2 till you return to the N2
- Spectators will be restricted to the Start/ Finish area.
- Your race pack will contain the final race rules and race instructions.
- Start and finish venue is 10 km outside Knysna towards Plett Just off the N2. Parking marshals will assist with parking. Due to the high fire risk you are not permitted to park offroad.
- No entry onto the venue or trails before or after the event.
- Cutoff time for the 16 km is 3h00 ( 10:00)
- Cutoff time for the 24 km is 5h30 (12:30)
- Prize giving is at 12:00 . You must be present to be in contention for Lucky draw prizes.
- First 3 spots on both races will earn prize money for men and women.
- Gold medals to all finishers on the 24 km Trail within the cut off time
- Bronze medals to all finishers on the 16 km Trail within the cut off time
For further details – Contact Leon Brown on 082 422 1033 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org